Saturday, April 9, 2011

WHAT I LEARNED TODAY FROM GYPSY BOHO

I still have a lot to learn about RVing and today had a good lesson. I was preparing supper when the appliances all shut down. I checked my breakers and they were fine. I hit the GFI switch to reset but nothing happened. So I walked over to the ranger station but before I got there a couple asked if they could help. The man came over to my coach and was checking fuses when the ranger came by. All fuses were OK. He asked if I checked the post breaker. I said no because other things in the coach were still running. He went around the back and sure enough one of the post breakers had flipped off. I went outside to look and he showed me that there were two breakers. I thanked both of the gentlemen and swore I'd never over load again. It appears that I had the AC, microwave, electric stove, and TV all on at the same time when the incident occurred. I knew not to do this but just wasn't thinking. It was a great day here at the beach. Took the dogs swimming this morning and they had a blast. Took a lot of photos that I will try to post here and on Facebook. Chooky woke me at 6:00 this morning so I didn't have much sleep last night. I'm feeling it about now.

3 comments:

  1. I'm going to need to learn all of this stuff too, I will be getting my RV in a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...I only know about the Square D breakers inside my RV. I guess I'll have to see if I have more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Teri, I also purchased my RV from Florida. Don't know if you read about that experience on my blog but it was a learning experience for me. Next time I will purchase locally.

    Me and My Dog... the breakers I was referring to on my blog were not on my RV but on the campground post. Sorry I didn't make that clear.

    ReplyDelete