Friday, September 2, 2011


We're getting a lot of rain here in Terrebonne Parish and it's going to get worse tomorrow with high winds and flooding.  I began to gather things in my yard that might fly away and went into the coach to check it out.  Sure enough, my worst fear was confirmed when I saw that half of the sofa was soaked. 

All the bedding and pillows were wet and I couldn't see why until I took a closer look.  The leak was coming in on the left side of the large window in the slide. 

When looking from the outside it is on the right.  See the red arrow on this photo.

I'm wondering... will the whole window seal have to be replaced???  Or perhaps just recaulked.  I have no idea where to begin to fix this problem.  I guess I will have to take it in to Camping World for repairs.  I sure can't do it myself.  Has anyone got any suggestions?

Wednesday, August 31, 2011


I realized on our last trip to the beach that our new red bike trailer was not going to be able to handle all of our stuff (beach chair, ice chest, camera case, snacks, towels, floats, etc.) and the dog as well - all the way to the water's edge.  The bike and the trailer are much too heavy to pull over the sand levee.  So, I ordered a new beach cart, just like the old one that broke last month.   It arrived today.  It has two added features that my old cart did not... a travel bag and umbrella holder. 

This is the old cart.
Had this one for 5 years and used it many times.  I like the new one better.

Got a call today from a Title Search Company for the prospective buyer of my property.  This is a different company than the last time which leads me to believe that this buyer really did go with another lending institution, as she claimed.  I answered all of their questions and they informed me that they would call me back in about a week with the closing date.  I hesitate to get too excited because I've been through this before but maybe this is the real deal.  We'll soon find out.

Tuesday, August 30, 2011


Well surprise ... surprise!  Got a call from my realtor today.  She informed me that the dingbat lady who had been trying to purchase my camp has called her again.  She is now saying that she wants to be given another extension.  Excuse me???  That deal was dead some time back when you couldn't come up with the money.  You need to start from scratch and make an offer.

However, since we don't have anyone interested in the property at the moment we decided to go along with her request.  She assured us that she has cleared up the problems with her bank and has been approved for the amount that we had agreed upon and promised that the closing would take place within the next 2 weeks but the realtor gave her 4 weeks.... just in case.

So, here we go again.  Anyone care to place a bet on the outcome this time around?