Tuesday, May 10, 2011

FIFTH SAFARI

I'm back at the Grand Isle State Park with my little furry co-pilot.  Just a short stay.  Will be packing and moving my things out of the camp on Thursday. 


Last time I was here it was still really cool and I had to use the heater.  Today was almost 90 degrees in the shade.  I stayed inside till late afternoon then we went to the beach.  There was a cool breeze and I enjoyed sitting on my chair while Xi Shi Quan did a little swimming in the surf.

Boiled some shrimp (gotten fresh off the boat) with some potatoes and corn.  Made it hot with liquid crab boil.  Love that stuff!  And of course I had to have an ice cold beer with my meal.  Ummm good.



Not a very friendly bunch of campers here today.  Maybe someone will stop by tomorrow.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, that shrimp looks delicious - great meal!
    I hope you get some friendly neighbors.
    Your dog is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shrimp were delicious. I do this every time I come to the island. It's the only time I eat shrimp.

    Thanks for the compliment on my little Shih Tzu. She is so very precious and sweet. Eager to give kisses to everyone. She travels well and mostly sleeps in the passenger seat. I couldn't have asked for a better doggie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang, I want me some of that shrimp, too. Looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well... Michael, come on over. There's plenty. (^_^)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks yummy! Please share what you’ve cooked those in. I usually a big stockpot but really like your set up and those colorful pots. And what type of double burner is that?

    ReplyDelete