Sunday, June 26, 2011

I CALL IT BLISS

1. I don't feel old. I don't feel anything until noon. Then it's time for my nap.

2. I don’t do mornings, weekends, holidays or summers. Those are my personal times to chill. That’s retirement!

3. Retirement, when every day is Saturday!

4. The question isn't at what age I want to retire, it's at what income.

5. Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the beach on a summer's day, listening to the murmur of the water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is by no means a waste of time.


6. If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there would be a shortage of fishing poles.

7. Yes, I am thoroughly enjoying retirement! The best part is observing my neighbors drive off to work in the morning knowing that their day will be filled with jerks, brainless and endless meetings, and more jerks.

8. The way I see it, you will have attained true freedom in this world when you can get up in the morning when you want to get up; go to sleep when you want to go to sleep; and in the interval, work and play at the things you want to work and play - all at your own pace. The great news is that retirement allows you the opportunity to attain this freedom.

9. There is a whole new kind of life ahead, full of experiences just waiting to happen. Some call it "retirement." I call it bliss.

10. I’m retired now... so don’t ask me to do a dammed thing!
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Gypsy, the nice thing about doing nothing is that if you don't finish today there is always tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete