Wednesday, June 1, 2011

STILL NO CLOSING DATE

Well... yesterday was the last day of the extension I signed for the sale of my property and still have not been given a closing date.  This morning I decided to call the buyer's Title Company which I'm sure is a no no but I was to the point that I wanted to let the sale go and start all over again.

The Title Company explained that the title search was indeed complete but the hold up was on the buyer's end.  My heart skipped a beat.  I just knew that the deal was now off.  The worker continued to explain that the buyer was trying to borrow from her Credit Union and that was the hold up.  She promised she would call me as soon as she could get hold of the Credit Union. 

After I hung up with her I called my realtor who explained that the Credit Union declined the buyer and that the buyer went to her bank who did approve the loan.  The realtor requested proof of this approval and received it.  However, I still need to sign another extension and the closing date still has not been set. 

I've waited patiently for over a month now and stayed close to home in order to be available for the closing.  Now, I think I'll just let them work around MY schedule.  I'm leaving tomorrow to go camping.  Not sure when I'll come back.  I'll stop by the realtor's office and sign an extension for a couple of weeks just to be on the safe side. 

So I'm going to the beach.  Yeah!    

3 comments:

  1. ARGH! I don't know what is more frustrating, these days. Buying or selling a home. I know so many people that have been put through hell on both ends!

    Enjoy your camping trip!

    Cyndi & Stumpy @ RVly Ever After

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds to me like this deal will work out. I think I have camping envy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cyndi... you are so right about this being frustrating for both buyer and seller. My realtor told me that the buyer is extremely anxious about the whole deal as she was fearful that she'd be unable to get the property. In a way that made me feel good. HA!

    Michael... "camping envy" I'm going to steal that term ;-)

    ReplyDelete