Friday, April 22, 2011


Finally got an offer on my camp at Grand Isle. We have countered back several times and it appears that they may have accepted the last counter offer.

It has been for sale for over a year now and due to the oil spill, offers have not come in till now. I had planned on using the money from the sale to buy a motorhome but couldn't wait and purchased my coach last September. Now I have been waiting for the camp to sell in order to have the funds for travel. I have taken short trips locally but have plans for travel all around the country.

Am hoping to hear from the realtor within the next few days. If this doesn't go through, I'll be sitting in my coach in the driveway the rest of the summer. That might not be a bad idea as the gas prices are rising as I write this.


  1. That's fantastic, congratulations! Wish I could sell mine, but I'm still a little upside-down. Maybe next year. I'll lease it for now. It will be nice for you to drive away with no financial obligations to your Island Home. Just hit the road and enjoy! Yeah! :)

  2. I like the new look of your blog. I, too, was going to sell my house before buying an RV, but decided to get the RV first. Now I have to figure out what to do with the house, Sell or Rent.

  3. Thanks Teri, my new format is much easier to follow. I'll still have financial obligations as I am not selling the townhouse I currently live in. It's paid for and I can't see selling it right now. I'll just close it up when I travel and come back for holiday visits with my son.