Thursday, July 14, 2011


Well, I finally heard from the realtor today.  The news is that the buyer was told by her bank that she would need to put down a larger amount towards the purchase of my camp.  She said she could not come up with that money.  So, the realtor told her that the property was going back on the market and that when she had the money in hand she could come back and make an offer.  That dingbat buyer has held up this transaction for months.  I had to sign extension after extension while she tried to get financing.  She asked the realtor if I would consider a lease-purchase agreement.  The realtor told her no.
So now I have to go back to the camp and start cleaning the deck, cutting the grass, cleaning the pool, etc.  -  all things I hate to do.  Emotionally, I let go of that property a long time ago.  When I purchased my motorhome I stopped spending any time there and can't stand to go back for any reason.  I'll spend a few days there and then head for the State Park for a while.  That should ease my anxiety about it all.
The only good thing about all this is that we can go back to the original asking price and just might get an offer closer to it than this last buyer offered.  I hope so.  It would have been really hard to take a $30,000 loss on the deal.
What a bummer.


  1. Good to see you are able to look at the bright side of things. Keep positive thoughts and all will end well.

  2. Joe... thanks for the encouragement.

  3. Well I had hoped your deal was done. Now you can let faith take over and picture a much better deal coming your way.

  4. How Maddening! ... Have you considered listing your property with a realtor as a vacation rental? The picture I saw of your house was just beautiful!

    Seems folk would flock!

    Can you take a trip on up the east coast while waiting? hate waiting.

  5. Best to go into escrow with someone who is already prequalified for a loan. Waiting to exhale...hope it starts to go smoother for you.

  6. We took off for five years and are now cleaning the house to sell, so I feel your pain. I never wanted to come back, just wanted to keep on going. I can't wait to get on the road again.

    Hopefully we'll both be free soon.

  7. Michael... Yes, I had hoped it was a done deal, too. I have a copy of the letter from her bank showing approval of the loan but she didn't want her husband's name on the sale and the bank insisted - so that went dead.

    Carolyn... I don't want to do a vacation rental because of the hassle of cleaning and repairing damage after the crazy party folks leave. Any long trips may have to wait because my traveling money is whatever I get for the sale of the camp.

    Sara... Yes I agree with you. However, the realtor handled this situation and I guess she had her reasons for doing it this way.

    Kate... Good luck to you in selling your property.

  8. I just went back and read your blog from the beginning. You have had quite a trying time! First with Gypsy Boho then with Chooky and now your beautiful island property.

    You maintain a good sense of humor! The Ya Ya idea is a hoot!

    I do not know how people survive without a sense of humor ... defined by me as ... being able to see life and its subsidiaries as ... traveling through doing the best we can and realizing how temporary and silly it all can be... all the while laughing at our ability to handle such... we are amazing -- we humans ... I think so.

    You seen any signs of Annalee's whereabouts yet?

  9. Carolyn... yes we really are an amazing species.

    Poor Annalee... we haven't been anywhere that she might be and feel her getting further and further away from us all the time. I'm working on the concept for my Ya Ya doll and think I will make it look like Annalee - although others don't agree. ;-)