Friday, April 27, 2012

THE FAR SIDE OF THE MOON


We waited till late this afternoon, as the sun was going down, to go to the far side of the moon where my little Xi Shi has been banished - for merely being a dog.  We packed up our beach cart and headed out to the pavilion.  I rolled Xi Shi onto the beach and she sat up and looked out at the water as we went around the tenting area and followed the water's edge till we were off of the state park.

I let her out of the cart and she immediately took off running because she knew she wasn't on leash.  I let her go as far as she wanted and called out to her now and then to return to me, which she did.  She played a while in the surf and then ran as fast as she could stopping only to look back and see if I was following.   She had a great time and so did I. 





When we returned, I rinsed her off at the shower on the pier and then we went back to our campsite.  It was a really long walk to and from the far side of the moon and I figure it will do wonders for my exercise regime.  However, being that far away from the people on the beach and not having to worry about anyone complaining about my dog, was a relief to me.   In fact, I've named that part of the beach after Xi Shi Quan and call it "Shih Tzu Beach" as it is now going to be our little spot -  off the park.  

It was another great day at the beach. 

4 comments:

  1. I am glad you have found a place so that Xi Shi can run to her heart's content. There are times I wonder about people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I "grow up", lol, I want to travel with you and Xi Shi!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Norm... LOL, we do have some fun. Xi Shi is the grandchild I'll never have so I do spoil her. And she is my travel companion and seems to like what I like so we get along very well. Thanks for stopping by. Like your website.

      Delete