Monday, June 6, 2011

DOGGIE BOAT

I've been trying to find an inflatable boat for my Shih Tzu to enjoy the ocean and not get wet.  Sometimes I'm just not up to having to bathe and groom her everytime we go to the beach.  So I found an infant pool that even has a top for shade that can be used as a float as well.   Today we tried it out and she seemed to like it.  I put her into it while on the beach and then I carried her and the pool into the water. 


At first she wanted to jump out of it but I sat down in the water and comforted her and she eventually relaxed and put her head on the rim and watched the waves roll in.  There was no way I could leave her and get my camera to capture that shot but it would have been a good one.

(Is it obvious now that I don't have any grandchildren???)



After an hour of playing on the beach she was so dirty that I had to rinse her off anyway and blow dry her as well. 

She wanted to catch that bird.


While I was drying her I noticed her injury and it seems to be healing well.


Supper tonight was Cajun Chicken Fricassée and rice.  I cooked this at home and froze some to take camping.   We usually serve this dish with potato salad but tonight I was just too tired to cook so I defrosted some and ate without the salad.  Our Fricassée is made with a roux (flour, oil, onions, celery, bell pepper) and the gravy turns out very dark.  I add the cut up chicken and let it cook for about an hour then serve over rice.   Not everyone makes this dish the same way but this is the way my mom's ancestors (all great French cooks) handed down the recipe.   Sorry... no photos.

5 comments:

  1. Pictures or it didn't happen!

    The dogboat seems like a good idea, in theory. Having kept two standard poodles when I lived in Cali, I can't imagine keeping a long haired dog clean when living on the beach.

    The chicken sounds delish!

    Cyndi & Stumpy @ RVly Ever After

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cyndi.... LOL, yes you are right. Pictures or it didn't happen.

    My only job in life is keeping my little furry companion well groomed. I think it's an oath we Shih Tzu owners take when we adopt ;-)

    The chicken was great. I'll cook you one if we ever meet up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a riot that floaty pool is with your dog in it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeana... you should have seen the faces of the folks on the beach ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. CUTE! jeeeeez that's cute... what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete