Saturday, February 11, 2012

FAIRVIEW-RIVERSIDE STATE PARK - MADISONVILLE, LA

This morning, before leaving Fontainebleau State Park, I took a walk around to take photos of some of my favorite sites. I think I found my ideal spot. It’s space #97. I still like space #3 because it is close to the action but number 97 is really secluded.

I really like these pull throughs.

The picnic table is in the woods.

I'd love to know what he paid for that custom paint job of purple and gold.
 




Before exiting the park, I took a ride to the area where the cabins are located and was not impressed. I would prefer to stay in the RV park. Rode back to the beach area and walked on the sand. Wasn’t barefooted but that’s OK. The temp this morning was 45 degrees and I had my big furry boots on.





NOW ON TO MY NEXT PARK

My next destination was only minutes from where I was. Got to the Fairview-Riverside State Park and there were only 5 openings left. I took the one next to the office and paid for only one night. This part of the campground has very small spaces right close to each other. My picnic table is behind my neighbor’s rig. That’s sad.


The area around the boat dock is where I was hoping to park but those are the spots that are first taken. This afternoon I took a walk around my section of the park and found some pretty areas.

You can see the water in the background.


When I leave tomorrow I will ride to the river and take some photos. There is one spot next to me that is on a corner and has a large area. If I were to return here I would make reservations for space #1 in the woods or #77 by the water.

3 comments:

  1. I don't make reservations too often, and I think its harder to get a good spot on a weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've really been enjoying your tour of the LA state parks. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Teri... You're right about that. It's seems to be much harder on weekends.

    Hi Peter... Glad you're enjoying the tour. I'm traveling with a mission. I want to find the best water sites for RVs and hope to return to them in the future for extended stays.

    ReplyDelete