Wednesday, February 8, 2012

A GOOD DAY FOR A NAP

The temperature today was just perfect.  It was in the 60s and the sun was shinning and it felt great.  I sat outside and basked in the sun hoping to get some color in my cheeks.

Did some more walking and riding my bike around the campground.  Noticed a couple of RVs decorated in Mardi Gras colors.

They decorated the dashboard, picnic table, and awning with Mardi Gras colors.

Here's a camper from Vermont.

Along with lots of Louisiana plates, I saw plates from Maryland, Colorado, Texas, and Vermont.

I also noticed that there are spots with decks.  Not sure why I was given one without a deck as there are many available.

This spot is across from where I am.  I like that the picnic table is on the side.  Some spots have 2 picnic tables, one in back and one on the side.

As the afternoon wore on everyone was getting sleepy.





Xi Shi Quan loves to sleep on her back.

The hair on her face is starting to grow out and she is looking like a Shih Tzu again.

Yesterday a gray stray cat came up to my camper and was meowing and very friendly.  I felt sorry for him and hoped that he belonged to someone.

Today he came back again and this time he acted like he wanted to come into the camper... that is until he saw my dog.  He let me pet him and I got a good look at his coat and he had some scars which broke my heart.  He has been living alone in the wild for some time.  I gave him some food and water which he ate then proceeded to sit on my camper step.



My cats were curious about him which made him want to come in even more.  He began to claw at the screen so I had to close the door.  He soon left.  Poor little thing.  I hope he'll be OK.  I'll inform the office but don't expect any action.  This is the third campground I've stayed in where there was a stray animal allowed to live within the grounds.

After nap time I found a good spot to place one of my Peace Rocks.  This one should be real easy to find. 

Leaving tomorrow.  Hope my next stop will be near water.

Surprised to be able to catch 17 TV channels withoug even raising the external antennae.  This is the first time I've been able to watch TV while traveling in the RV.  I guess it's because I'm so close to a city.

~

3 comments:

  1. I've seen a lot of campground cats, too, but they all seemed very healthy and happy. I liked those sites, too with the deck and the table on the side. If you're ever there again, you'll know what to ask for. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rarely just take the site assigned to me. When you check in at the desk ask if you can pick out your own site. They will give you a map with available sites marked on it and you can go check them out and then go back to the office (or call them) to let them know which one you chose. Plus I only pay for one night.....you can always go back and ask for another. At least that works for me. FWIW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Barbara... You're right about knowing what to ask for next time. I found a spot with two large shade trees, a deck, and picnic table (#48) and the afternoon sun on the back side of the coach.

    Hi Chris... I thought about going back to the office to request another site but figured it was only for 2 days so I didn't. Once I knew I could not be near the water, nothing would make me happy. I have looked at all of the maps of these campgrounds and the ones that are not near the water at least have walking trails nearby. I looked for a way to get to the waterway but there is a huge cement wall on the levee and "No Trespassing" signs. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete