Thursday, December 20, 2012

I B MAGEE BEACH PARK - DAY 15 - COLD AND WINDY

The cold front came in during the night and the camper rocked and the wind howled so loud that there was no way to get any sleep.  The wind was gusting about 35 to 40 mph here at the beach.  I was parked next to the dunes but when the wind changed and came in from the north it hit me right on.  It sounded like a train going around and under my camper.  My neighbors were in their tent which this morning had come apart.  There is another tenter further from me who lives in his tent and it stayed up.

Today was a little better but not by much.  I bundled up and took Xi for a walk twice.  The sand was blowing so hard that I was afraid it would scratch her eyeballs.  So if she needs to go again she'll just have to go on the puppy pad.

This about sums it up.


Finished reading the biography of Clark Gable and started on the autobiograpy of Katharine Hepburn.  

Getting ready to boil some shrimp that I brought from home.  The movie tonight is "Clue."

Tomorrow we head out towards home.


  

2 comments:

  1. Yep, this is one windy cold front! And it's supposed to go back up to 77 on Sunday here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The wind finally eased up and today was nice. But I heard from my neighbor back home that I had some things fly off my balcony into a neighbor's balcony. Not good. I'm concerned about that.

      Delete