Saturday, December 22, 2012

QUINTANA BEACH COUNTY PARK - QUINTANA, TEXAS

Left Indianola Beach around 10:00 this morning and arrived at Bryan Beach around 1:00 this afternoon.  Couldn't get on the beach as the sand was soft and I knew I'd get stuck so drove on to Quintana Beach. 

I was pleasantly surprised at the sight of this campground.  Once in the office to check in I was even more surprised.  The office is in an old house fully furnished.  I opened the door and went in but felt like I was intruding on someone's privacy.  I called out "hello" and heard a voice respond coming from the next room.  I followed the voice and met a very nice worker who checked me in.  It was $24 dollars for the night.  There is so much to see in this house that I will have to go back tomorrow to look at all of the displays.

Got set up at my site and had a bite to eat then walked Xi Shi on the beach.  Found some interesting shells that I had never seen before.  Filled a small bag with shells and then came back to the coach to shower.  My site has sewer so it was nice to let the water run while showering. 

This campground has lots of amenities.  For starters, it has a vollyball court, horseshoe court, kid's playground, bath house, screened in room for guests, cabins with a view of the Gulf, primitive camping, lighted fishing pier, and laundry room. 

The Office

Nice landscaping.

Plenty of picnic tables.

Cabins are up on a hill with views of the Gulf.

The beach.



Everything is handicap accessable.

My site #10.

Placed a Peace Rock.

We're leaving in the morning.




No comments:

Post a Comment