Wednesday, December 14, 2011

OUR WALK TO THE PIER

The weather today was great!  I put on some shorts and loaded the new beach cart with my camera, some snacks, and my little doggie and we headed out to the fishing pier.



Xi Shi likes to ride in the beach cart but I let her walk back.

The pier is at the end of the island near Barataria Pass.  Across the Pass is Grand Terre Island where the famous pirate Jean Lafitte had his headquarters in the early 1800s.


This is a very busy waterway as many work boats are transporting supplies and workers to the oil rigs offshore.


Took some photos of waves breaking on the rocks as well as waves that were rolling in.  I had a unique vantage point being up on the pier.





She and I had a great time.


Supper tonight is left-overs.  Tonight's movie is "The Debt."  


9 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a nice sunny day, it's been cloudy in Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That first shot is perfect . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photos are all very good and interesting too. I do however love the “fishing pier” shot, this is one I wish I had taken!

    John
    connectedtothevinephotography.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the ocean pictures, Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Teri... We had been having cold and cloudy days as well. The last 2 days have been really nice and sunny. Today the temp is in the mid 70s and not very windy. Great beach weather.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kate... That shot of the pier did come out nice. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi JOJO, John and Ellen... thanks for stoppig by. Glad you like my photos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the waves breaking over the rocks! Oh how I really need a trip back down to the bay...glad you've made another trip out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi TexCyn... glad you enjoyed my photos.

    ReplyDelete