Saturday, December 15, 2012

I B MAGEE BEACH PARK - DAY 10 - FOG BOUND

I've never seen fog last as long as it did today.  It never cleared up.  By late afternoon it had gotten worse.  Walked the dog only twice on the beach.  It's not very pleasant here today.


Got really bored and didn't feel like reading.  Had not felt like doing any painting since I left home but today was the day for it.  I brought along only my paint pens and some tablets of drawing paper and canvas paper.  I never tried painting on any of these materials and found out that it's not easy and does not come out as nice as I would want.

Also picked up a few shells and thought about painting them.  Just for something to do.

Before...

After

This is the painting I did on the canvas sheet of paper.  I wanted to throw it in the trash but I'll just do it over again on cardboard canvas when I get home.  I named her Monica because she reminds me of my niece who died a few years ago in a car accident. 

I tried to paint on this drawing paper but it just won't do so I'll not try to finish it.

My week here at the RV park is up on Wednesday and I'll be leaving Port Aransas.



1 comment:

  1. I used to do paintings like that when I was a teen. Wow, I'd forgotten all that. The shells now look like Easter shells. :-)

    ReplyDelete