Sunday, March 18, 2012

KINCAID LAKE - SATURDAY

Stayed in bed till 10:00 this morning.  It's cloudy and overcast and every muscle in my body aches.  I've really been getting a lot of exercise.

Walked the dog and had coffee.  Had lunch.  Happened to look down on my desk and the red light was flashing on my Verizon Air Card.  A SIGNAL!  I have a signal!

I didn't know how long it would last so I quickly got online and read my mail.  Boy, what a relief to be finally in touch.  I was really not sure for how long I would have a signal as it was showing only one bar so I didn't try to post anything especially photos.  There was no way I was going to be able to upload photos on one bar.  As soon as I get to my next State Park I'll be able to post.

There are a lot of kids here today who are using their ability to scream in loud shrieks... just because they can.  The peace and quiet are gone.  I'm guessing they will all be leaving Sunday for school on Monday.  However, I'm leaving on Monday as well.

Took short doggie walks today.  Went down to the fishing pier once and soon realized that I had "shin splints."  My legs are so sore.  Going down hill is the worse.  Climbing isn't as bad. 

She'd love to climb down that hill.

So we just took it easy today.  Stayed outside reading and looking out at the lake.  There were many people who walked down to the fishing pier and stayed for short periods of time - coming back up empty handed.  Tomorrow we may walk back to the beach... maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment